For Immediate Release
September 28th, 2015
FACE (Festival of Arts, Culture and Expo) Honors Global Leadership and Security Summit in collaboration with African Business Round Table and partnership with Nigeria Consulate of Atlanta, GA was held on the week of the 70th General Assembly, in New York on September 26th, and 27th, 2015.
FACE Honors Global Leadership with the THEME: “Bridging Skills Gap: Maximising Human Capital in a Rapidly Evolving Economy” was held on September 26th at the Flatiron Hotel, to recognise individuals, organisations, corporations, and institutions whose outstanding leadership, service or activities has contributed to the promotion of culture, security, diplomacy, enterprises, and entrepreneurship in Africa and the African diaspora. The conference and award celebration, promotes diplomacy through arts by recognising Africa’s influences on global economy, and cultures to promote bilateral relations for exchange of information, networking opportunities, and promote Nigeria and well being of the African immigrant community in the diaspora.
In attendance were Amb. Geoffrey Teneilable, Amb./Consul General of Nigeria, Atlanta, Amb. Howard Jetter, former US Ambassador to Nigeria, Hon.Crump, Council President City of Newark, Ugo Nwaokoro, Deputy Mayor of Newark, New Jersey, Barrister Oladipo Okpeseyi, SAN, and Chairman of The Island Club, Lagos, Dr. Edwin Ndukwe, Head Communications, Chrome Group, Bob Brunner, Vice President of Arik Airlines, Barrister Tony Egbase, Principal Counsel, A.O.E Law & Associates, Mrs. Olamide Davies, CEO, MISS Africa Tri- State and delegates from Ivory Coast representing, Donatien BEUGRE, President of the Regional Counsel of San-Pedro, including, personalities, dignitaries, entrepreneurs, beauty queens, professionals, performing artists, journalists, government officials, State officials, and business executives, some of whom were recognised for their outstanding leadership and service to the community.
In his opening remarks, Amb. Teneilabe expressed enthusiasm, and commended the organisers of FACE for their effort in creating awareness, aimed at promoting cultural ties arts and bilateral trade relations between Nigeria and the United States, as well as the provision of opportunities and platform for exchange of information, ideas and interactions, between private sector investors of the two countries. Guests were entertained into the night, with performances by “Perfecta Ekpo”, “OKO The Artist”, fashion show by Allflow Couture, and media coverage by Afrik diaspo News.
The security summit, was held on September 27th at the United Nations Headquarters, with the THEME: “Beyond The Millennium Development Goals: The Sustainable Development Agenda and Challenge of Combating Persistent and Emerging Threats To Peace And Security In Africa”, in collaboration with African Business Round Table, and partnership with the Permanent Mission of Nigeria to the United Nations.
The Keynote Speaker at the security summit were H.E. former, President of Nigeria, Olusegun Obansajo, attendees include, Hon Abike Dabiri Erewa, Heads of delegation of African countries, Heads of key institutions such as the African Union, Regional Economic Communities (ECOWAS, SADCC, IGADEAC, ECCAS, Mahgreb Union, Ambassadors, and securities companies. Presentations were also, made by Amb. Renee Sanders, former, United States Ambassador to Nigeria, Brian Colella, CEO, SOSB Incorporated, and Henry Morgenstern, CEO, Security Solutions International SSI, Miami.
Honorees of Esteemed FACE:
1. Ambassador Geoffrey Teneilabe – EXEMPLARY DIPLOMATIC SERVICE OF THE YEAR
2. Sir Emeka Offor Foundation – OUTSTANDING PHILANTHROPIC FOUNDATION OF THE YEAR
3. Barrister Anthony Egbase – INTERNATIONAL PERSONALITY OF THE YEAR
4. Hon. Mildred Crump, Newark, New Jersey – OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN LEADERSHIP OF THE YEAR
5. Chief Benjamin Omale, CEO, Edi-jen Group- OUTSTANDING INNOVATION ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR
6. Shaka Ssali, VOA – OUTSTANDING EXECUTIVE OF THE YEAR
7. Eva Banks, CEO Eva Banks Production – BEST ENTERTAINMENT PRODUCER OF THE YEAR
8. OKO – BEST NEW ACT OF THE YEAR
9. Nigerian American Lawyers Association (NALA) – OUTSTANDING ORGANIZATION OF THE YEAR
10. Flory Ramoreboli, CEO, Allflo Couture – BEST DESIGNER OF THE YEAR
11. Mayor Ras J. Baraka, Newark, New Jersey – LIFE TIME ACHIEVEMENT OF THE YEAR
12. Donatien BEUGRE, CEO, TRC San- Pedro, Cote d’Ivoire, Ivory cost – LIFE TIME ACHIEVEMENT OF THE YEAR
Click here for more photos